If you’re coming to Hampton University from another higher academic institution, we’d first like to say “Welcome”. Second, get ready for a challenging and exciting experience as you jump on the HU path to excellence.
Transfer students must submit official college transcript(s) and high school transcript with less than 30 transferable semester hours (60 quarter hours) and SAT or ACT scores. Students with a cumulative 2.5 grade point average in college coursework receive the highest consideration for admission. The School of Pharmacy has separate and additional admissions policies and requires completion of supplemental forms. Transfer students are not eligible for direct admission into the five-year MBA program.
Visit the Hampton University Office of Admission for more information about admission requirements.
Transfer applicants are students who have attended another college or university and must apply as a transfer student, not a first-time freshman. Transfer candidates who have satisfactorily completed at least 15 hours of college level courses will be considered. Candidates who have earned a cumulative 2.5 grade point average receive the highest consideration for admission. Any information withheld or falsified may subject a student to dismissal.
The following are required for application review:
- Your completed online application form
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges/universities attended
- Application fee of $50.00 (non-refundable) A cashiers check or money order are the accepted forms of payment. Personal checks are not accepted.
- If you do not have an Associate’s degree
- Official SAT or ACT scores (if you have less than 30 credit hours) or for non-U.S. citizens, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- A copy of your social security card
- One letter of recommendation
- Autobiographical Essay (one page)