Cisco Networking Academy
Cisco Networking Academy is an IT and career skills development program licensed for free to not-for-profit institutions worldwide. In fact, more than 9,000 institutions in 170+ countries have joined the Cisco Networking Academy and become a force for change in the global economy since 1997. Together, we are building the workforce of tomorrow. Benefits of Hampton University’s Cisco Networking Academy include:
- Offer a high-quality curriculum that combines in-depth technical training and professional skills development.
- Choose courses to complement your academic or vocational program and prepare students for certification.
- Leverage our learning platform to track student success and connect with educators and IT experts.
- Access support and training to get your program up and running, and share best practices.
- Point students to career-building resources created with employers for our alumni.
- Receive discounts on Cisco equipment for your classroom and certification exams for your students.
The Hampton University Cisco Networking Academy provides curriculum programs that range from exploratory IT courses to career networking and programming courses that align with international industry badges and certifications, including CompTIA A+, Cisco CCNA, CCNA CyberOps Associate, and Cisco CCNP.
Cisco Networking Academies prepare students for advanced study in IT and for industry certifications — the first step in an IT career path.
The Role of Instructors
Cisco Networking Academy instructors are the heart of the program. They recruit, inspire, and motivate students to discover their passion for IT and learning. From professors to high school teachers to rehabilitation counselors, more than 20,000 men and women teach the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum worldwide.
We work with teachers to prepare them for hands-on education. This includes installation and configuration of switches and routers in multiprotocol networks; using local and wide-area networks; providing troubleshooting; and improving network performance and security.