Application for Undergraduate Admission
Thank you for your interest in Hampton University! The University College at Hampton University allows students to earn certificates, associate, or bachelor’s degrees quickly and at an affordable price, without sacrificing the quality of their education. The College’s programs have been carefully developed to meet the needs of busy professionals who are juggling heavy workloads, family life and community commitments.
Applicants who are interested in utilizing financial aid will meet with a financial aid representative once they have been accepted into a program. To expedite the financial aid process, applicants are encouraged to complete the Federal Application for Free Financial Aid as soon as possible. Your tax information and the school code for Hampton University, which is 003714, will be required. The electronic form can be accessed at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
Application fee of $35.00 (non-refundable) may be paid only by cashier’s check or money order made payable to Hampton University. Documents may be mailed as follows:
P.O. Box 6162
Hampton, VA 23668
Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We invite you to contact us with questions or concerns regarding the admissions process, application status, and current program offerings.For further assistance, you may also contact us at 757-727-5773.
Instructions For Undergraduate Application For Admission
All applicants desiring admission to the Hampton University University College must have obtained a high school diploma or GED equivalent and be at least 21 years of age, or emancipated. Applicants may apply as either regular (undergraduate major) or special (undergraduate non-degree) and may enroll as either full-time or part-time. Every applicant for admission must submit the following documents:
- Application for Admission. Your first step to becoming a CEPS student is to submit a completed application for admission. Applicants must submit all admissions documents before final action is taken on application for admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of $35.00. Prospective students may submit application and transcript request payments via our online system. If you have extenuating circumstances that prevent you from submitting your payment online, please call us at (757) 727-5773.
- Official high school transcript verifying graduation and date graduated or proof of completion of GED and date completed.
- 250-300 word essay on “Why I Want to Attend College.” A short writing sample is required as part of the admissions process
- Official transcripts from all former colleges/universities/military with a grade point average of 2.0 or better at previous college). Transcripts must reflect all undergraduate courses completed as of date of application. Active duty and retired military personnel must present the appropriate military transcript.
- Completed Student Medical Record Form filed with Hampton University Student Health Services Center. Online students are not required to submit a Student Medical Record Form. Forms can be downloaded here:
Medical Record Form
Applicants should contact our University College Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org 757-727-5773 regarding the status of their application.
Hampton University adheres to the principle of equal education and employment without regard to race, gender, color, creed, national origin or disability. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.
- Application: $35.00
The current tuition rate is $290.00 per credit hour. Students attending The University College typically take 3 or 6 credit hours during each session. There are five sessions each year.
- 3 Credit Hours: $840.00
- 6 Credit Hours: $1,740.00
Eligible students enrolled in the University College may be awarded Federal, State, and University aid. For more information, please contact:
Hampton University Financial Aid Office 800-624-3341 or 757-727-5332.
Osher Reentry Scholarship Hampton University Osher Reentry Scholarship is a tuition fee assistance scholarship available to Hampton University reentry students on a competitive basis in recognition of academic excellence and financial need. The Foundation defines reentry students as individuals who have experienced an interruption in their education of five or more years and who want to resume their education at the undergraduate level. This scholarship is intended to benefit students who have considerable years of employability ahead of them–ideally aged 25 to 50.
*For information on how to apply to these scholarships, please call 757-727-5773 or email email@example.com.