Device Registration Page
Device registration is necessary if you want to be able to use Hampton University’s network. Every student can have up to 5 devices registered with our network. In order for us to register it, we will need some information from you and your device. Check the form and help below for next steps in the registration process.
Complete the form below to register your devices
NOTE: You must submit one form per device.
Do you need help to find your device's MAC Address?
A MAC Address is a unique alphanumeric identifier for many devices. You’ll need the MAC Address to register any device (gaming system, media streaming device, or smart TV) with which you want to connect to the HU network. Select your device type from the list below to find out how to obtain the MAC Address for that device. If your device is not listed below, please consult your device manufacturer’s documentation.
- Click on the apple icon, and then select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- From the “System Preferences” window, click on the Network icon.
- In the “Network” window, make sure Wi-Fi is selected, and then click Advanced.
- In the next window, locate the alphanumeric character string next to Wi-Fi Address, as shown in the example below.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Enter cmd in the search box at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen. Search results will be displayed automatically. Select Command Prompt from the results.
The Command Prompt window is displayed.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter ipconfig /all. Information similar to the following will be displayed.
- Navigate until you see the section “Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi”. The MAC Address will be shown next to “Physical Address”, as shown in the example below.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap About.
Your device’s MAC address will be displayed next to Wi-Fi Address, as shown below.
- Tap on the Apps icon from your device’s Home screen.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on the About device icon (or About Phone on some devices).
- Tap on Status.
- Look for your device’s Mac Address below Wi-Fi MAC Address.
- Select the time in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the Wi-fi icon.
- Click the information icon.
- Your MAC address will be listed as Wi-fi
Click here for steps on how to obtain the MAC Address for the Amazon Echo.
Amazon Fire TV Stick
- From the Home screen, press Menu.
- Select Settings. You should see the Wi-Fi MAC Address located in the Device Info section.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select About. In the About page, you should see your MAC Address (it might be listed as Wi-Fi Address).
- Go to System Settings.
- Tap on Internet Settings.
- Tap Other Information.
- Tap Confirm MAC Address. The MAC Address will be displayed on your screen.
- From the Wii main menu, select the Wii button.
- Select Wii Settings.
- From the Wii System Settings menu, navigate to the second page using the right-pointing arrow, and then select Internet.
- Select Console Information. The MAC Address will be displayed. (Note: Make sure to use ‘MAC Address’, not ‘LAN Adapter MAC Address’.)
Nintendo Wii U
- From the Wii U menu, select System Settings.
- Select the Internet icon and press the A button.
- Select View MAC Address. Your MAC Address will be displayed. (Note: Make sure to use ‘MAC Address’, not ‘LAN Adapter MAC Address’.)
You can find the MAC Address of your Roku device on the bottom or back of your Roku player (depending on the model).
Sony Playstation 3
- Power up the PlayStation 3 without a disk in the drive.
- From the PS3 main menu, select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select System Information. Your MAC Address (Wi-Fi) will be displayed.
Sony Playstation 4
- Power up the PlayStation 4 without a disk in the drive.
- From the PS4 main menu, select Settings.
- From the Settings page, select System.
- From the System page, select System Information. Your MAC Address (Wi-Fi) will be displayed.
Sony PlayStation Vita
- From the home screen, go to Settings.
- From the Settings screen, go to System.
- From the System screen, go to System Information. Your device’s MAC Address will be displayed.
- Sign in to your profile.
- Select My Games & Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings. The Wireless MAC Address will be displayed on the right-hand side of your screen.
- On your console, go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- If prompted, select GURegistered.
- Select Configure Network.
To make our services more efficient, and be able to support our users base, we encourage all students and faculty member to follow the steps listed above to have their devices registered in our network. If you follow the steps and continue to have issues you can contact us using the following link.