Hampton University Convocation Center
The HU Convocation Center is one of the crowning achievements of Hampton University and is a prominent part of the University’s landscape. Hampton University and the entire Hampton Roads community take great pride in the facilities design, acoustics, amenities and staff. From meetings and events to concerts and conventions, the HU Convocation Center’s professional staff stands ready to help you make your next major event, concert or convention a tremendous success.
Hampton University is centrally located on the gorgeous Hampton waterfront, between Virginia’s Atlantic coast and historic Colonial Williamsburg. It is less than 150 miles from Washington, D.C. The excellent interstate highway system means Hampton University’s Convocation Center is fewer than 30 miles from Norfolk International Airport and about one hour from Richmond International Airport.
If you’re planning an event and are interested in renting the Convocation Center, please contact us.
Convocation Center Amenities and Technical Information
- Concert capacity – 8,200
- Basketball capacity – 7,200
- Convention capacity – 8,200
- Stage size 52 feet by 40 feet
- Pro King basketball floor: court markings for collegiate and professional play
- Two meeting rooms – Green Room holds 87 people, 45 seats; Blue Room holds 69 people, 36 seats
- Load ramp and mechanical loading dock – 8 feet
- IQ Crown professional computerized audio mixing console – Yamaha PM 1200, 32 channel
- Stagehands provided by Hampton roads Stage and Rigging
- 14,000 square feet of space on arena floor
- 2,000 parking spaces Handicapped accessible telephones, restrooms, water fountains, elevator
- Public telephones – three at each four sides
- Two concession stands
- Press room with phone jacks
- Extension runway – extra 10 modular pieces available, four feet by four feet each
Monday – Friday from 10:00am-5:00pm
All major credit cards accepted
For Ticket Information, call (757) 728-6832