Student Contact: Students are encouraged to respond within 48 hours of receiving the notification.
- Students who have not responded 72 hours after the initial referral will be notified and given another opportunity to contact the office for assistance.
- One week after the initial referral, the designee sends follow up to the professor and indicates which students were contacted.
During the initial appointment:
- Student signs the follow up form providing permission to inform referring instructor of topics addressed during meeting
- Student completes an academic intake form to determine their needs
- Academic intervention
- Handouts regarding student success may be given and techniques discussed regarding main areas of concern
- Student may be referred to Student Success Center, Reading Lab, Math Lab, Writing Center, Student Health Center, Counseling, etc.
During the semester: Students will be required to meet with a counselor once every two weeks or as often as needed.
Follow up: Designee will follow up with the individual Professor regarding student contact. The follow up may include whether or not contact was made and or what resources were recommended.
Please understand the information you provide will be shared with the students.