About the HU Skin of Color Research Institute
The goals of the Hampton University Skin of Color Research Institute are to:
- Generate knowledge to impact the understanding, treatment and prevention of skin diseases unique to individuals with skin of color.
- Identify and understand the factors that contribute to racial disparities in cutaneous disorders.
- Disseminate research findings via education programs to physicians, residents, researchers, medical students and other medical care providers.
- Promote and foster an environment that encourages relevant and innovative scientific research.
- Attract scientists and investigative dermatologists engaged in cutting-edge research with interest in studying cutaneous diseases that are unique to individuals with skin of color.
- Cultivate the training of junior faculty and postdoctoral associates capable of competing successfully for research funding.
HUSCRI is housed in the state-of-the-art 27,000 square foot HU Biomedical Research Center (BRC) on the campus of Hampton University. HUSCRI’s co-location with several key basic science and clinical research programs contributes to a synergy between the programs.
© 2023 Hampton University
Hampton Virginia 23668: 757-727-5000