The Office of Student Academic Support Services (OSASS) is responsible for recruitment via the automated telephone information system, walk-ins, the internet, prospective undergraduate, masters/post-masters, and the information sessions, and exhibits at recruitment events. Advisors conduct lower and upper division undergraduate orientations, master/post-master and PhD orientations.
The department also tracks the enrollments, retention and progression for all courses, schedules course offerings, and does the academic advisement for the undergraduate, masters/post-masters, and PhD students. In addition, OSASS oversees the selection of recipients for the School of Nursing scholarships and assists with identifying qualified individuals for outstanding student awards. The OSASS provides assistance with registration, clinical placements, graduation applications, undergraduate endorsements for the State Board of Nursing NCLEX, and applications for advanced practice certification exams.
Other responsibilites include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages pre-admission and application process for potential students.
- Assists with evaluation of applications based on criteria.
- Maintains records for all nursing students.
- Maintains and evaluates undergraduate students academic data to continuance, probation and progression.
- Assists students with resolution of issues related to registration, courses, student accounts, financial aid, clinical clearance etc.
- Prepares documentation for graduation clearance.
- Contributes to preparation of various required University and external academic reports.
- Processes grievance petitions, course grades, withdrawals, changes of majors and clinical clearance.
- Hosts Open Houses for incoming new students.
- Plans and coordinates convocation ceremonies and job fairs.
Dr. Gwendalyn Chambers
William Freeman Hall Suite 127
William Freeman Hall 125