Pre-Health (Pre-Medical) Program
How can the Pre-Health Program help students to become successful?
*Hear medical/dental school presentations from Admissions Officers who will evaluate your application for acceptance.
*Learn about Summer Health-Related Enrichment events and resources.
*Engage in Peer-Based Learning activities that help to develop essential, career advancing skills.
*Gain Computer-Based Testing and preparation opportunities for MCAT/DAT.
*Meet with Pre-Health Advisor to map out a “Custom Made Plan” for you!
Join Us Today
Please complete the Pre-Health application form to become a member of Hampton University’s pre-Health program. This adds you to the online/Blackboard pre-Health portal. The Pre-Health program is open to everyone who want to pursue a biomedical degree related to health notably PhD / MD / PA / MPH / MS / DO / MDPhD / PharmD / DDS / DVM etc.
Link to the Pre-Health Application below:
The Pre-Health Program is located in the School of Science, Turner Hall, Room 110.
The Pre-Health Program at Hampton University provides a variety of medical education activities, including a pre-professional timeline, medical school application advice and support (beginning in the freshman year and continuing toward graduation) to Hampton (undergraduate) premedical students pursuing careers in medicine, dentistry, and the allied health professions.
Hampton has established pathway, early identification and enrichment programs for undergraduates to eleven (11) U.S. medical schools:
- Boston University School of Medicine, MA
- Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Marshall University School of Medicine, Huntington, WVA
- Meharry Medical College School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- Texas Christian University Fort Worth, TX
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, Sracuse, NY
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Salus University Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Philadelphia, PA
- American University of Antigua, College of Medicine, Antigua
Premedical students interested in obtaining doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry, osteopathic medicine, podiatry, veterinary medicine, optometry, chiropractic, and public health/health care administration, should apply to become a member of the Pre-Health Program. Juniors, sophomores, second-semester freshmen, who possess a minimum 3.0 GPA (Grade Point Average), are eligible for membership. The Pre-Health Program headquarters is located in Turner Hall, Room 110.
Since 2002, the Pre-Health / Medical Science programs have enrolled 336 Hamptonians in the following professional programs:
HU Biology/Pre-Dental Alumnae Dr. Sharla Wyatt celebrates her graduation from Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry.
- 247 students enrolled in medical school
- 39 students enrolled in osteopathic medical school
- 36 students enrolled in dental school
- 4 students enrolled in veterinary medical school
- 3 students enrolled in podiatric, chiropractic, optometry school
- 7 students enrolled in public health or health administration
* Ninety-seven percent (97%) of these students are African-American.
The application process for this year (2019-2020) is currently in progress.
Dr. Oluwatoyin Asojo
Department Mailing Address:
School of Science / Medical Science
Turner Hall Room 210
Hampton, VA 23668