Officers of the University
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the governing authority of Hampton University. The Board is comprised of 20 members which includes the President of the University as well as a faculty and a student representative.
Hampton University is led by Darrell Williams, the University’s 13th President; and Dr. JoAnn W. Haysbert, Chancellor and Provost. The president reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
- Vice President and Chief of Staff
- Vice President for Administrative Services
- Vice President for Business Affairs and Treasurer
- Vice President for Development
- Vice President and General Counsel
- Vice President for Information Technology
- Office of the Chancellor and Provost
- Assistant Provost for Academic Affairs
The Administrative Council constitutes the main resident body for policy formulation. Various university commissions formulate and recommend policies to the Administrative Council, which in turn makes recommendations to the President of the university. Final authority rests with the President of the university and the Board of Trustees.