Bachelor of Arts in
The Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies Program provides an opportunity for those who are seeking a solid foundation in the study of religion an opportunity to obtain an accredited Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies through distance learning. The program curriculum provides a strong core of biblical, theological, and pastoral courses reinforced by a strong liberal arts foundation. The program is designed to sharpen the skills of students already in ministry, to prepare students for advanced studies, especially in religious education and theology, and to broaden their options in the careers that put a premium on an informed religious consciousness. Students are prepared for a variety of careers in fields such as law, medicine, government, and business.
- Hampton U Online Application
- Official high school transcript sent directly from your high school
- Official test scores on the GED (where a high school transcript is not presented)
- Official college transcripts sent from an accredited institution (you are also required to submit a Transfer Recommendation Form
- The Life Experience Credits Assessment Form and all associated documents for applicants requesting institutional academic credit for applicable life experience.
- Two letters of reference are required with one preferably being from a educator who has knowledge of your academic abilities, and the other from someone of your choosing, not a relative, who can offer insight on your character.
- Personal Statement of not less than 500 words must be submitted. This statement should give the evaluators a sense of who you are, where you are from (cultural, spiritual, and social context), what your involvements are/have been, and why you have chosen to pursue a degree in Religious Studies. This statement may be used to assess your writing skills.
- Available to those who qualify
- Apply for financial aid at US Office of Student Aid.
- FAFSA School Code: 003714
All Undergraduate Supplemental Items may be uploaded directly to your application. However, if you wish to send official transcripts, you can send them to:
Hampton U Online
Attn: HUO Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 6227
Hampton, Virginia 23668
Official Transcripts sent through a transcript network may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org