FACULTY & STAFF
Dear Prospective Applicants,
Thank you for your interest in employment with Hampton U Online.
We are currently accepting applications for our cadre of online adjunct faculty. We are looking for individuals who not only have subject area knowledge and expertise but also have demonstrated successful online teaching experience. If you have these qualifications, we invite you to submit an application.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review/refine a course syllabus to include instructor-specific contact information and course policies.
- Modify an existing course syllabus as necessary to realize revised course and weekly outcomes, following Hampton U Online administrative guidance.
- Develop a course syllabus for a new course, following our syllabus template and course standards.
- Develop online content, assessments, assignments and other course materials that support and enhance mastery of course objectives.
- Deliver online course content consistent with HU Online course standards.
- Provide relevant and timely feedback on submitted student work, including participation.
- Compile and report grade-related information to students and administration.
- Inform and discuss student issues with Hampton U Online advisors as applicable.
- Create/refine the course in Blackboard following Hampton U online course standards.
- Adhere to all Instructor policies and procedures, as defined in the Hampton U Online Adjunct Instructor Handbook.
- Participate in virtual adjunct instructor meetings and contribute to process improvement efforts, including the regular self-evaluation of course outcomes, assessments, and their alignment.
- The ability to devote adequate time to courses, including responding to students and providing meaningful feedback in a timely manner
- Participate in one hour of professional development each semester.
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline or a terminal degree in the relevant discipline.
- At least five years of experience in a related field
- Teaching experience preferred
- Online teaching and/or learning experience preferred. Previous experience in teaching online and familiarity with the Blackboard learning management system is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills when relating to students Effective time management skills
- Effective written communication skills
Please see the New Faculty Checklist for all required items that must be submitted during hiring.
How to Apply
Current Available Adjunct Faculty Positions