NBCUniversal Internship Program
Deadline: December 8, 2023
SUMMER 2024 APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2024 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Summer 2024 Recruitment Timeline:
November 13 – December 8: Applications Open (may close early due to applicant volume)
Mid November – Late December: First round video interviews
Mid – Late January: Second round interviews
Late January – February: Selected candidates receive offers
For more information and to apply: Internships | NBCUnicareers
Executive Office of the President – White House Internships
Deadline: November 19, 2023
The Biden-Harris Administration is pleased to announce that, for the first time in recent history, the EOP is offering paid internship opportunities in many of our offices.
The following offices will be offering internships in the coming year: The White House Office, the Office of the Vice President, the Council of Economic Advisers, the Council on Environmental Quality, the Office of Administration, the Office of Management and Budget, the Office of the National Cyber Director, the Office of National Drug Control Policy, the Office of Science and Technology Policy, the Office of the United States Trade Representative, and more. , learn more here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/internships/ [whitehouse.gov]
- Program Start Date: June 10, 2024
- Program End Date: August 16, 2024
- Application Open Date: October 16, 2023 (NOW OPEN)
- Application Close Date: November 19 at 11:59 PM ET
To learn more and apply: Internships Within the Executive Office of the President | The White House
The Daily Show Internship Program
The Daily Show is back, and we are prepping for our upcoming Spring and Summer semesters! Because of the strike, our typical deadlines are not applicable, so students who would like to apply for the Spring or Summer ’24 semesters, can send their resumes to email@example.com, and we will start conducting interviews within the next couple of weeks!
We will accept any major! The main thing we want to stress is that this is a production-focused internship, so if someone’s specific interest is only in the writing process and not how the show gets made overall, then this may not be the internship for them. This is an opportunity for students to learn something new and test out if this is a career path they might be interested in.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dow Jones News Fund Internship Program
Deadline: November 16, 2023
The Dow Jones News Fund seeks college students for paid summer internships with media organizations across the country. By completing this application by Nov. 16, you will be in the News Fund’s applicant pool and eligible to be placed at more than 70 newsrooms.
Interns attend one of our 7- to 10-day specialized training programs (all expenses paid by DJNF) before reporting to work at top media companies for 10 to 12 weeks. Weekly salaries are $525 or more, depending on the newsroom and minimum wage laws. There are in-person and hybrid internships depending on the newsrooms’ requirements. Interns who are returning to school in the fall or graduates with federal loans are eligible for $1,500 scholarships from the News Fund after the internship ends.
Eligibility: College sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students who are enrolled in school full-time as of Nov. 16, 2023, are eligible to apply. This includes December graduates. U.S. students studying abroad and international students already in the U.S. with work visas are also eligible. Former professionals (those who have worked full-time on staff as a journalist for one year or more) in the U.S. or abroad are not eligible.
- Audience Engagement: Audience engagement internships vary by newsroom, but the mission always remain the same—help the news find its audience. From writing SEO-friendly headlines and producing engaging content for video and social to crafting newsletters and seizing on trending topics on social media, job expectations vary. Previous internship placements include: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Kansas City Star, The Marshall Project and Detroit Free Press.
- Business Reporting: We place reporters in more than 30 newsrooms across the country covering a wide variety of topics from Wall Street to Main Street, including the stock market, new businesses and entrepreneurs, labor unions, minority-owned businesses, real estate, climate change, agriculture and automotive industries. Previous internship placements include: The Wall Street Journal, American City Business Journals, Barron’s, Insider, Fortune, American Banker, Detroit News and Automotive News.
- Data Journalism: There are three different types of data internships we usually place interns in: 1) heavy emphasis on filing records requests and analyzing data using spreadsheets; 2) reporting and writing using government data or assisting investigative reporting projects; and 3) using coding and technical tools to build apps and interactive visuals for news stories. Previous internship placements include: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Kansas City Public Television, The Marshall Project, Investigative Reporting Network, IndyStar and USA Today.
- Digital Media: Working as a digital media intern means many different things, depending on the newsroom. You could be working in print, social, video, audio or all of it. Interns receive across-the-board training so they can expand their skill sets using the latest technology and storytelling techniques. Previous internship placements include: Austin American-Statesman, Arizona Republic, Hawaii News Now, Nashville Public Radio, Colorado Sun and CalMatters.
- Multiplatform Editing: Editors are the final check on a story before it is published. Multiplatform editing interns assess copy for accuracy, completeness, tone and style while also writing SEO-friendly headlines and designing pages on deadline. Previous internship placements include: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, Stars & Stripes and San Francisco Chronicle.
Application deadline: Nov. 16, 2023
KC & Co Communications Spring 2024 Internship
Deadline: November 17, 2023
Junior Communications Associate/Public Relations Intern
Experience the dynamic world of public relations! KC & Co Communications [kccopr.com], a small but mighty PR agency based in Washington, DC, is looking for a bright and resourceful Public Relations Intern to join the team for Spring 2024. They will assist the Founder and other key team members with brainstorming and developing public relations campaigns, managing press events, conducting research, drafting press releases, media advisories, and collateral, and other related activities as requested. This internship is remote, but strong preference for candidates based in Washington, D.C. This is a paid opportunity and will range between 15-20 hours per week.
Rising Junior or Senior in college or recent college grads with a Bachelor in Communications, Marketing, or other relevant field of study.
Loves to write and can do so quickly, concisely, and in large volumes
Genuine interest in KC & Co’s client sectors of social impact, advocacy, politics and entertainment
Passionate about media relations and a born storyteller
Results-oriented and a team player
Takes pride in their work and welcomes feedback
Proactive and takes initiative, whether in asking questions, soliciting feedback, or making suggestions
Takes ownership of tasks and deadlines
Builds and maintains media lists; drafts media alerts, press releases, and email pitches
Conducts research to identify potential media outlets, journalists, influencers, and speaking opportunities
Monitors media coverage related to clients, industry trends, and competitors; provides a list of relevant news to team each morning
Conducts social listening and hashtag research
Assists with the management of KC & Co’s internal social media platforms
Assists in the planning and execution of events, including press conferences, product launches, and promotional activities; coordinates logistics, handles RSVPs, and provides on-site support.
Provides administrative assistance on day-to-day client activities, including drafting call and meeting agendas; taking notes and posting recaps and next steps; assisting on project timelines, updating project management tools, and following up on deadlines
Assists with monthly reporting and data pulls for client-facing reports
Balances analytical thinking and approaches with creative thinking and long-term vision
Assists with other tasks as required
KC & Co Communications, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you. Please follow the following instructions to apply.
Please send your resume in PDF form, two writing samples and a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role and why you’d like to work with us.
Send to email@example.com with the subject line “Spring 2024 PR Internship – Your First Name” by Friday, November 17, 2023 at 11:59pm EST.
South Florida Sun Sentinel 2024 Internship Program
Deadline: November 17, 2023
Real-world experience from Day 1 is what interns can expect when they join the award-winning South Florida Sun Sentinel newsroom staff.
Interns instantly become valued staff members in one of the nation’s most competitive news markets, covering breaking news stories like appearances of former President and current candidate Donald Trump, landfalls of Florida hurricanes, or the heartbreaking testimony in the trial of the Parkland gunman.
The digital-first newsroom of the Sun Sentinel is now taking applications for paid summer internships for 2024 in news, entertainment and sports reporting, multimedia/interactives or data reporting, and photo/video. We value diversity and have opportunities for bilingual applicants.
Candidates must be college students who have completed basic journalism courses. Professional experience through a previous internship or freelance work is preferred, though students whose experience is limited to campus media also will be considered. Interns generally are current college students, but we also will consider recent college graduates.
Interns must have the use of a car (we reimburse for mileage, tolls and parking), and photographers must have their own equipment. Interns are responsible for finding their own housing.
Students selected as interns will work full time for 10 weeks, sometimes more, in summer 2024. Applications are due by Nov. 17, 2023.
To apply, please assemble a packet that includes:
- A short letter describing your background, career goals and internship objectives.
- A resume with three journalism-related references.
- Up to five clips. Photography and multimedia candidates should submit links containing single pictures, videos, a photo story or multimedia; CDs or DVDs may also be sent, and must be viewable on both Mac and PC.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Entertainment Industry College Outreach Program
Deadline: November 20, 2023
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER IN ENTERTAINMENT!
Are you interested in a career in Entertainment, Media, Sports, Music, Video Games, or Technology?
The EICOP Internship Program is your path into the industry.
This highly competitive program is open to students of ALL MAJORS and provides access to an 8 – 10 week immersive internship experience (housing included) working behind the scenes with leading industry organizations including major studios, networks, agencies, major league sports, record labels, production companies, and more.
APPPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
To learn more and apply: Home – EICOP
Library of Congress – Junior Fellows Program
Deadline: November 27, 2023
Applications are now being accepted for the Library of Congress Junior Fellows Program (JFP). This paid, full-time summer internship enables the next generation of diverse cultural institution professionals to experience and interpret the collections, events, and services of the world’s largest library. We invite undergraduate and graduate students as well as recent graduates from all majors to apply for remote or onsite JFP internships. The deadline to apply is November 27th.
To learn more and apply: Junior Fellows Program | Library of Congress
Ohio Department of Transportation Internship Program
Deadline: December 15, 2023
Paramount Summer Internship Program
Deadline: December 31, 2023
To learn more and apply: Internship | Paramount
Diverse Voices in Science Journalism Intern
Deadline: January 5, 2024
To learn more and apply: Diverse Voices in Science Journalism Intern | Career Opportunities
PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies – 2024 Green Teams Internship Program
Deadline: January 28, 2024
The PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies is pleased to announce that undergraduate student applications are now open to join our summer 2024 Green Teams Internship Program running from May 28th, 2024 – August 8th, 2024. This 11 week program pays a $6,000 stipend plus housing. Travel grants are also available. This is the ninth year that this program brings together students from diverse backgrounds, universities and majors to address complex sustainability challenges for a wide array of organizations including but not limited to corporations, local businesses, municipalities, community groups, government agencies, and nonprofits. See PSEG Institute For Sustainability Studies – Montclair State University for more information.
White House Internships
Deadline: October 27, 2023 (Spring); February 23, 2024 (Summer)
The White House Council on Environmental Quality is accepting applications for its Spring 2024 Intern Cohort, including positions in the Office of the Federal Chief Sustainability Officer. These are in-person, paid internships based in Washington, DC. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and current undergraduate or graduate students.
The deadline to apply for spring internships is Friday, October 27th.
To learn more and apply: Internship Program | CEQ | The White House