Planning for college can be a very rewarding experience for both parents and students. Our office understands the need for relevant and informative resources, and has provided the following web links below to assist in this regard. This list is composed of only a few of the many resources made available to parents and students seeking to tackle the seemingly ominous task of planning for college. Please take a moment to review.
Federal Student Aid Resources
- Federal Student Aid
- Do You Need Money for College or Career School?
- Estimate Your Federal Student Aid
- Students with Intellectual Disabilities
- My Future, My Way: First Steps Toward College—A Workbook for Middle & Junior High School Students
- Prepare for College – Resources for Parents of Students
- Budgeting – Never tried to live on a budget before?
State Student Aid Resources
- State Higher Education Agencies
- State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
- Virginia Two-Year College Transfer Grant
Military Student & Family Resources
- Military One Source – Spouse Education & Career Opportunities/MyCAA
- Hampton University Army AROTC
- Hampton University Naval Science NROTC
- Paying for College by MoneyGeek.com
- 6 Tips for Managing Your Money in College
- A Guide to College Savings Plans
- Financial Literacy by Annuity.org
- Wells Fargo Tuition Funding Sources
- Compare federal vs private loans
- 8 Smart Moves That Will Help You Save Money in College