Army ROTC is an elective curriculum you take along with your required college classes. It gives you the tools, training and experiences that will help you succeed in any competitive environment. Along with great leadership training, Army ROTC can pay for your college tuition. Because Army ROTC is an elective, you can participate your freshman and sophomore years without any obligation to join the Army. You will have a normal college student experience like everyone else on campus, but when you graduate, you will be commissioned as an Officer in the Army. At that point, you will have a wide range of interest areas you can specialize in called branches.
Made to Lead
Being an Officer in the U.S. Army means you’re a leader, a counselor, a strategist and a motivator. It’s similar to being a vital manager in a corporation. As an Officer, you will lead other Soldiers in all situations and adjust in environments that are always changing. They are driven to achieve success with their team on every mission.
Leadership Development that Lasts a Lifetime
Army ROTC is one of the Nation’s top leadership programs, with many benefits to joining. Through Army ROTC you can:
- Get help with your college tuition with an Army ROTC scholarship
- Gain experience you can’t find anywhere else
- Gain the respect of your peers and future employers
- Train to become a leader and manager
- Earn Your Commission
- Army ROTC (Reserve Officers’ Training Corps) is one of the best leadership courses in the country and is part of your college curriculum. During classes and field training, you will learn first-hand what it takes to lead others, motivate groups and how to conduct missions as an Officer in the Army. Upon graduation from Army ROTC, you will earn the bar of a Second Lieutenant and become a leader for life.