- English & Foreign Language
- Social Sciences
- Political Science, History & International Studies
- Sociology & Criminal Justice
- Sports Science & Wellness
Student Research Opportunities
Student research opportunities include faculty-student collaborations on funded and non-funded projects as well as required, independent study courses. Students should contact their departmental advisors for current and upcoming opportunities.
Students are always undertaking important research, conference presentations and research; here are some of their accomplishments in the past year.
- Alexis Walker participated in, and presented a conference paper in the 2019 Annual Global Status of Women and Gender conference at Christopher Newport University, March 2019. Alexis is scheduled to study abroad in Granada, Spain, in the spring 2020 semester.
- Miles Browne, a junior International Studies major, and Daniel Gyamfi, a May 2019 International Studies graduate, presented research projects at ODU’s Graduate Research Conference in spring 2019. Other students in the department (and across majors) have presented, and occasionally won, the Best Paper Award at this prestigious conferenc.
- Three students, Maddalena Signoriello-Cummings, Ashia Williams and Tania Harris had their submissions accepted for presentation and poster competition at the 2019 Annual ASMEA – Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa Conference – in Washington DC, October 2019
- Four students in Political Science & History, Myles Browne, Anthony Burley, Alexis Walker and Khalil Coleman published an article in an University of Pennsylvania undergraduate research magazine
- Deja Petty, a senior International Studies major, studied abroad in South Africa and Spain in spring 2019. Alexandra Hall, a Political Science junior, studied in Thailand during the 2019 fall semester, as did Tierra Mack.