- English & Foreign Language
- Social Sciences
- Political Science, History & International Studies
- Sociology & Criminal Justice
- Sports Science & Wellness
Student Internship Opportunities
Student must complete a supervised internship of 600 clock hours that will only begin after completion of the required practicum. The internship will be for various credits during the semester to equal 100 clock hours for each credit. The number of credits must be approved and may be altered by academic advisor or Coordinator of the Graduate Program in Counseling. This internship will include a minimum of 240 clock hours of direct service with clients with supervision at an approved site. A formal evaluation will be performed. Classes will be limited to approximately six students. Specific ethical and legal standards will be discussed. This course may be taught in conjunction with practicum and/or internship courses. This is a pass/fail course. Prerequisite: COU 618.
1. At least 240 clock hours of direct service, including experience leading groups.
2. Weekly interaction that averages one hour per week of individual and/or triadic supervision throughout the internship, usually performed by the onsite supervisor.
3. An average of 1 1/2 hours per week of group supervision provided on a regular schedule throughout the internship and performed by a program faculty member.
4. The opportunity for the student to become familiar with a variety of professional activities and resources in addition to direct service (e.g., record keeping, assessment instruments, supervision, information and referral, in-service and staff meetings).
5. The opportunity for the student to develop program-appropriate audio/video recordings for use in supervision or to receive live supervision of his or her interactions with clients.
6. Evaluation of the student’s counseling performance throughout the internship, including documentation of a formal evaluation after the student completes the internship by a program faculty member in consultation with the site supervisor.