Thank you for your interest in the Engineering undergraduate education at Hampton University!
The information here is intended to give you a brief overview of the application requirements.
To qualify for admission, a candidate must submit:
- Completed application for admission with the non-refundable $35.00 fee.
- Transcripts showing all academic experience – High School: 4 years of English, Algebra I & II, Geometry, Biology, Chemistry, two units of Social Science and six academic electives. Languages not required, but recommended. Rank in top half of class and have a 2.0/4.0 GPA in academic courses.
- Standardized Test Results: A combined score (verbal and math) of 950 or above on the SAT is required. A comparable score on the ACT is acceptable.
Hampton University grants credit for AP, CLEP, and IBP work satisfactorily completed. Other life experiences are evaluated for academic credit.
The closing date for applications is March 15 for Fall admissions.
The admissions office toll free number is 1-800-624-3328. Using the Hampton University’s Admissions web site, you can also:
- Apply online
- Request a copy of the Application Package
- Download a copy of the Application Package
Hampton University accepts all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, creed, national origin, or handicapped abilities.
Chemical Engineering Department
168 Marshall Ave.
Olin Engineering Building
Hampton, VA 23668