Department of Mathematics Mission Statement
The Mission of the Department of Mathematics is:
- To teach, challenge, and encourage our students to think both deeply and broadly.
- To enable our students to develop a mastery of reasoning and analytic processes, problem-solving, critical thinking and become a life-long learner.
- To prepare our majors for a career in private industry, government industry, and graduate studies.
- To provide our majors with opportunities for advanced study and research in mathematics and related fields, and applications of mathematical methods to real-world problems.
- To prepare secondary school teachers with a strong mathematics foundation and a mastery of effective teaching strategies.
- To create an environment for our faculty to grow, deliver state-of-the-art instruction, and conduct world-class research.