The Department of Mathematics offers programs leading to the Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. The major objective of the department is to offer courses and programs which:
- Enable students to develop a mastery of reasoning and analytic processes,
- Empower students with an appreciation for, understanding of, and skills in the practical applications of mathematics,
- Assist students in developing a broad, thorough and comprehensive mathematical base for a career in the mathematical sciences,
- Motivate and prepare qualified students to pursue successful graduate study,
- Prepare students in the Masters in Teaching in Mathematics sequence to become excellent teachers of mathematics.
- The department adheres to the admissions requirements established by the University Admissions Office. Entering freshmen will be given a mathematics placement test. Based upon the test results, the student will be placed into an appropriate course. Students who major in mathematics should plan their schedule in consultation with a faculty advisor.